In January 2013
John Parker and I took over from
Bill Goldman as
joint Editors-in-Chief of
Geometriae Dedicata. We would welcome the the submission of good papers
in the area of geometry and its relationship to topology, group theory
and the theory of dynamical systems. Geometriae Dedicata aims to be a
vehicle for excellent publications in geometry and related areas.
Organization of scientific events
I'm currently involved, or have been recently involved,
in the organization of a few scientific events.
Related seminars and reading groups:
- Journée GAAG -- Géométrie en Action et Actions en Géométrie, Strasbourg, Feb 3, 2017. Poster
- Singapore Luxembourg Interactions iN Geometry (SLING), NUS, Singapore, May 3-5, 2017.
- Teichmueller theory and geometric structures on 3-manifolds, Luxembourg, June 12-14, 2017.
Previous co-organized events
This is in progress and will be completed soon -- partial information only here.
3 dimensional Geometric Structures, Representations of Surface Groups and related topics,
University of Luxembourg, July 13-15, 2015.
- Computational geometry in non-Euclidean spaces
Nancy, Aug 26-28, 2015.
Program on Teichmüller theory and surfaces in 3-manifolds, Centro Di Giorgi (Pisa), May 26-June 20, 2014. (Scientific committee.) More information here.
Regards croisés sur les structures géométriques et la
géométrie lorentzienne, Avignon, Sept 8-10, 2014.
- SPK 60, Conference for the 60th birthday of Steve Kerckhoff, Luminy, June 2012. (Scientific committee.)
- Geometry and Analysis of Surface Group Representations, trimester program at IHP (Paris),
Jan-Mar 2012 (co-organized with Bill Goldman, Olivier Guichard and Anna Wienhard).
- Immersed surfaces in 3-manifolds, workshop, IHP (Paris), Mar 26-30, 2012.
- Surface groups in Paris, Conference, IHP (Paris), Feb 2012.
- Analysis and geometry of surface group representations, 20-25/3/2011, Autrans,
- Geometric Structures in 2 and 3 dimensions, 17-22/01/2010, Autrans, France.
- Teichmüller Theory and its Interactions in Mathematics and Physics,
28 June - 3 July 2010,
Centre de Recerca Matemàtica, Bellaterra, Spain. (Scientific committee.)
- Geometry, Topology and Dynamics of Character Varieties, 18 June 2010 -- 15 Aug 2010,
Research program at Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMS), National University of Singapore.
(Included a satellite workshop of ICM 2010).
- Summer school and workshop on Einstein manifolds,
Nantes, 27/6-03/7/2009. (Scientific committee.)
- Einstein manifolds and beyond, C.I.R.M., Luminy, 26-30 nov. 2007.
- First Joint Canada-France meeting on the mathematical sciences,
July 12-15, 2004, Toulouse, France.
- Colloque Fermat, Toulouse, Oct. 2001.