Christophe is Associate Professor of Applied Statistics at the Department of Mathematics from the University of Luxembourg.
He is an applied mathematician working in the field of statistics/data science, with a strong taste for interdisciplinary work.
Before joining the University of Luxembourg, he was Associate Professor at Ghent University in Belgium.
He obtained his PhD from the Université libre de Bruxelles in 2010, where he had also studied except for the first year, which he did at the University of Luxembourg during its first year of existence in 2003-2004.
He is President of the Luxembourg Statistical Society, President of ECAS (the European organization for Advanced Courses in Statistics), and Leader of the international network S-TRAINING (new data science methods for sports analytics and sports medicine).
- Flexible probability distributions
- Directional statistics
- Statistics VS machine learning
- Stein's Method
- Sport statistics
- Interdisciplinary research
Illustration of recent simulations
- 2014: Elected Member of the ISI
- 2014: Prix Marie-Jeanne Laurent-Duhamel
- 2012: Wernaers Prize for the dissemination of knowledge
- 2006: Sterpenich Prize, 2006 Ruth and Joe Gani Prize.