HOW TO REACH LUXEMBOURG
- By plane: There is an airport in Luxembourg City.
You may also want to check the availabilities of nearby airports in Belgium (Brussels Airport, Charleroi), or Germany (Frankfurt Hahn, Frankfurt Main)
and look for bus connections to Luxembourg City.
- By train: Luxembourg City is 2 hours from Paris and 3 hours from Brussels. There are high-speed trains in the direction of Metz/Strasbourg/Marseille.
- By car: In the summer, driving inside Benelux is very convenient.
TRANSPORTS IN LUXEMBOURG
- Maps, and how to reach Campus Belval.
- There are direct trains from Campus Belval to Luxembourg city (40 minutes), and also bus connections.
There are direct trains from Campus Belval to the nearby city Esch (only 5 minutes).
Any train/bus travel in Luxembourg costs only 2 Euros.
- There is no centralised number to call a Taxi, but various Taxi companies. For example:
Webtaxi, Mondial Taxis.
Taking a Taxi may be very expensive, we recommend you to book a taxi in advance and agree on a flat rate (taxis waiting e.g. at the
station do not apply a flat rate).
- We ask you to take care of the accomodation yourself (find a hotel, make a reservation).
In case you apply for accomodation funding and you are eligible, we will take care of the accomodation for you:
the standard accommodation is in a double room shared with another participant, probably in the modern Youth Hostel in Esch-sur-Alzette.
- The Youth Hostel in Esch-sur-Alzette has very high standards, and it is closely located to the train station.
You can reach Campus Belval by train in 5 minutes. The reception is open 24/7.
Bedsheets are provided, but towels and soap/shampoo you have to bring yourself.
- There is an Ibis Hotel located on the Campus Belval.
Of course, you should mention that you are coming to our Summer School. Nevertheless, by booking on the internet (e.g. booking.com, expedia.de) you may have better prices.
- There is a cantine on the Campus Belval near the building "Maison du Savoir MSA": the menu.
- On the Campus Belval there are several eating/drinking possibilities, some of which are on the main square and in the shopping center (Belval Plaza).
There is also a well-furnished supermarket (Del Haize) where you can also find sandwiches, sushi etc..
- In Esch there are various eating possibilities. Near the train station (Place de l'Hôtel de Ville) you have a small Carrefour supermarket.
- To call an ambulance, in Luxembourg you dial 112. The closest hospital to Campus Belval is the CHEM in Esch.
- In the night and in the weekends there is always a doctor on duty (this is not for emergencies): you can go to
Maison médicale in Esch (70, rue Émile Mayrisch).
After midnight, you are expected to call 112 but, if you do not have an emergency, you will be contacted by the doctor on duty (who may even have the possibility to come to you).
- There are no pharmacies on the Campus Belval. There are various pharmacies in Esch (one is at the train station).
Some pharmacies are open at night .