The Maths Team offers an
Online Mathematical Olympics Training
The Online Mathematical Olympics Training
is a course for high-school students (from a Luxembourgish school) interested in participating in mathematical contests!
At the University of Luxembourg, Campus Belval, there is an independent course open to high-school pupils
which also addresses mathematics for competitions. The course is called Défis mathématiques par approches élémentaires.
The teacher is Philippe Niederkorn (and you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the course).
For whom is the training?
- All kinds of lycées and all classes
- For everyone who likes working on problems and puzzles and playing with mathematics
- For everyone who likes challenges
What are the objectives of the training?
- Help you to have fun with mathematics
- Train you for solving difficult problems (and not getting discouraged!)
- Train you for mathematics competitions (you learn some math that you do not see at school)
Notice that this extracurricular activity will also be helpful for your further scientific studies.
- We select problems and challenges of various levels of difficulty for you.
- We offer tutoring: we answer your questions; we give you hints on the problems.
- We correct your solutions and give you personalised constructive feedback.
- We organise events from time to time, for example, meetings with successful former olympics participants.
What about language?
- You may hand in solutions and ask questions in French, German or English.