The Maths Team offers an
Online Mathematical Olympics Training
The Online Mathematical Olympics Training
is a course for Luxembourgish high-school students interested in participating in mathematical contests! (Download the
For whom is the course?
- All kinds of lycées and all classes
- For everyone who likes working on problems and puzzles and playing with mathematics
- For everyone who likes challenges
What are the objectives of the course?
- Help you to have fun with mathematics
- Train you for solving difficult problems
- Train you for mathematics competitions, such as the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO)
- We select suitable problems and challenges of various levels of difficulty for you.
- We select sources for background reading.
- We offer tutoring: we answer your questions; we give hints on the problems; we give you personalised feedback and if necessary extra challenges.
- We correct your solutions and give you constructive feedback.
- We will organise some events from time to time (provided that enough people participate), for example, meetings with successful former olympics participants.
How does it work?
Every month we offer two sets of problems:
- Selected questions of various difficulty around two main themes.
- International Mathematics Olympiad level problems (with assistance!)
- You can ask any question related to the set of problems by email, and we will answer it.
- You hand in your solution before the end of the month (precise dates will be announced) as a pdf-file via email.
The pdf file can be typed or it can be a scan of readable(!) handwritten papers.
- If you hand in a good solution early, then with our feedback we will send you more questions to work on.
What about language?
- We will provide our problem sheets in French and in English.
- You may hand in solutions and ask questions in French, German or English. We try to answer in the language you chose.
How to participate?
- Register by filling in the online form on the webpage (you can find it under ''Contact'').
- Every registration will be acknowledged by email.
- Pupils can either register themselves, or they can be registered by their teacher.
Can I start now?
- Registration is open.
- The first problems are already online!
- Don't forget: you can already now ask questions and start sending us your answers.