The Maths Team offers an
Online Mathematical Olympics Training
The Online Mathematical Olympics Training
is a course for Luxembourgish high-school students interested in participating in mathematical contests!
For whom is the course?
- All kinds of lycées and all classes
- For everyone who likes working on problems and puzzles and playing with mathematics
- For everyone who likes challenges
What are the objectives of the course?
- Help you to have fun with mathematics
- Train you for solving difficult problems
- Train you for mathematics competitions, such as the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO)
- We select suitable problems and challenges of various levels of difficulty for you.
- We select sources for background reading.
- We offer tutoring: we answer your questions; we give hints on the problems; we give you personalised feedback and if necessary extra challenges.
- We correct your solutions and give you constructive feedback.
- We will organise some events from time to time, for example, meetings with successful former olympics participants.
What about language?
- We will provide our problem sheets in French and in English.
- You may hand in solutions and ask questions in French, German or English. We try to answer in the language you chose.
How to participate?
- Register by filling in the online form on the webpage (you can find it under ''Contact'').
- Every registration will be acknowledged by email.
- Pupils can either register themselves, or they can be registered by their teacher.
Can I start now?
- Registration is open.
- The first problems are already online!
- Don't forget: you can already now ask questions and start sending us your answers.