The Maths Team offers an
Online Mathematical Olympics Training
The Online Mathematical Olympics Training
is a course for Luxembourgish high-school students interested in participating in mathematical contests!
At the University of Luxembourg, Campus Belval, there is an independent course open to high-school pupils
which also addresses mathematics for competitions. The course is called Défis mathématiques par approches élémentaires 2.
Notice that this course is independent from the Défis courses of 2020.
The teachers is Antonella Perucca (to contact her: firstname.lastname@example.org).
For whom is the training?
- All kinds of lycées and all classes
- For everyone who likes working on problems and puzzles and playing with mathematics
- For everyone who likes challenges
What are the objectives of the training?
- Help you to have fun with mathematics
- Train you for solving difficult problems (and not getting discouraged!)
- Train you for mathematics competitions (you learn some math that you do not see at school)
Notice that this extracurricular activity will also be helpful for your further scientific studies.
- We select problems and challenges of various levels of difficulty for you.
- We offer tutoring: we answer your questions; we give you hints on the problems.
- We correct your solutions and give you personalised constructive feedback.
- We organise events from time to time, for example, meetings with successful former olympics participants.
What about language?
- You may hand in solutions and ask questions in French, German or English.