In these problem sets we explain you some mathematical facts and then propose you some exercises. You can send us written solutions for correction.
You do not have deadlines, and you do not have to complete the problem set before sending us solutions.
We correct your solutions to see if they are mathematically complete and well-written: this is only meant to help you learning, and we do not assign grades.
Sometimes it can be helpful for you to ask us for hints (if you are stuck please do not give up but ask for a hint!).
If you are training for mathematical competitions (and you understand French), we expect you to work with the wonderful interactive website
(non-commercial, made by the mathematician Nicolas Radu for pupils)
You can make a login and then freely access the material. There you find:
- Concise explanations of the theory : You can freely ask us, if there is something that you do not understand, or you have questions...
- Multiple-choice and calculation exercises (meant to check that you understood the theory) :
There is a Forum to ask for hints, but you can also ask us for explanations or help. Moreover, you can send us written solutions of the exercises for correction.
- Very difficult problems : These are meant as personal challenges for high-level training. You are warned that even level 1/2 problems can be really tricky.
- Many nice preparation courses are online (in French) on the webpage:
- The most comprehensive compendium of exercises related to mathematical contests (of many countries!) is the world-wide-known